Hansen to stay at Wigan next season
Wigan Warriors forward Harrison Hansen has ended speculation over his immediate future by confirming he will be at the club next year.
The 27-year-old second row had been linked with a switch to ambitious Salford City Reds but Wigan have taken up the option of an extra year on his contract.
Hansen, who was born in Auckland but raised in Salford and brought through the Wigan youth system, will now enjoy a benefit year with the club he first represented at senior level in 2004.
Hansen, speaking at the Challenge Cup final media day, said: "There has been a lot of talk, but that is all it is - talk.
"Wigan have taken up my option so I'm here next year.
"Whatever happens after that is up to (chairman) Ian Lenagan and myself. That's for the future.
"It's my testimonial next year anyway, so there's no way I'll be missing that."
Hansen - son of former Salford player Shane Hansen - can boast the unusual distinction of having represented England at junior level and New Zealand and Samoa on the full international stage.
Hansen played for the Kiwis in 2006 but then switched his allegiance to Samoa, the country of his heritage, for the 2008 World Cup.
He is expected to play for Samoa again in this year's tournament.
For now his immediate task is facing Hull FC in Saturday's Challenge Cup final.
Hansen, a Wembley winner in 2011, said: "I missed 12 or 13 weeks at the start of the season with a wrist injury.
"To be back playing now, I'm happy. I'm happy to be involved in the team that reached this final. I'm going to enjoy it."