Huddersfield Giants Community Trust Development Manager
A new and exciting opportunity has been created to work with the Huddersfield Giants Community Trust as a Development Manager to provide strategic leadership and management for Huddersfield Giants Community Trusts development programme in Kirklees and the surrounding areas
The desired individual will coordinate the Sky Try programme on behalf of the Huddersfield Giants to drive long term growth through outcomes and impact. Develop and create close links with NGB’s, CSP’s, local authority local community clubs and schools. Coordinate match day entertainment at all Huddersfield Giants home games in accordance to the RFL’s guidelines.
We are looking for an applicant educated to degree level or equivalent, or ability to work at this level and must hold a Level 2 coaching certificate in Rugby League, hold a full UK driving license and is willing to undertake a DBS check.
The successful candidate will receive opportunities for further training and continual professional development.
The closing date deadline for the above position is Friday 26th June 2015
Please apply in writing to: Lisa Hewitt, The Zone, Off St Andrews Rd, Huddersfield, HD1 6PT
Email address: email@example.com
Job role and specification
Overall Purpose of Job:
To provide strategic leadership and management for Huddersfield Giants Community Trusts development programme in Kirklees and the surrounding areas. Coordinate the Sky Try programme on behalf of the Huddersfield Giants to drive long term growth through outcomes and impact. Develop and create close links with NGB’s, CSP’s, local authority local community clubs and schools. Coordinate match day entertainment at all Huddersfield Giants home games in accordance to the RFL’s guidelines.
- To manage, monitor and evaluate Huddersfield Giants Community Trusts Sky Try programme
- Communicate effectively in formal and informal regular management, Head of Department, team meetings and with a range of partners by a variety of means.
- To lead the Huddersfield Giants Community Trusts team
- Provide performance reports to a variety of stakeholders
- To be responsible for the preparation and administration of budgets for all functions within the post holder’s responsibilities
- Take part in direct service delivery and projects as necessary to provide an effective service.
- To provide improved sustainable opportunities for participation in physical activity for all members of the community
- To assist in developing and maintaining positive partnerships with National Governing bodies, County Sports Partnerships, the local authority, local community clubs and schools.
- Manage the Huddersfield Giants Ambassador programme
- Coordinate match day entertainment at all Huddersfield Giants home games in accordance to the RFL’s guidelines.
- Work alongside the Media and Marketing department to increase match day attendance
- Strive towards governance excellence
- Manage and recruit volunteers
- Assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials appropriate to the individuals/groups worked with.
- Other duties allocated by the line manager
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
- Experience of sports development in a public, private or voluntary capacity
- Experience in designing, implementing and reviewing sports initiatives / plans
- Experience in creating and managing effective relationships with stakeholders, partners and customers
- Experience of project management
- Experience in event organisation
- Experience of managing and implementing budgets
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or ability to work at this level
- Level 2 Coaching certificate in Rugby League
- A good knowledge of current insight into factors relating to increasing participation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Be able to work efficiently on own initiative, under pressure and maintain a high standard of work.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able and willing to work unsocial hours including regular evenings and weekends.
- Full UK driving licence
- Own a suitable vehicle
- Willing to undertake a DBS check
- First Aid qualification
- Safeguarding and Child protection
- Hobbies which are relevant to the position
- Other development or learning relevant to the post
- Administration and marketing knowledge
Contacts and Relationships:
To be able to work effectively with colleagues and be a team player and uphold a professional image towards parents, community users and other members of the public.
As the work may involve substantial access to children all successful applicants will have to provide satisfactory CRB disclosure at the enhanced level of their suitability to work with children before an appointment.
Responsibility for Resources:
To ensure that equipment or resources are used in the correct manner and the purpose for which they were designed. Will be responsible for the cleaning of equipment and following health and safety standards.
- Hours of work will be as defined by Line Manager, hours per week on an as and when required basis
- All staff are expected to telephone the Line Manager ( 01484 484178) as soon as possible on the first day of sickness if they are unable to attend
- To arrive at the designated premises in time to prepare for the commencement of the activities.
Work will require normal physical effort. There may be a need for some lifting of equipment and resources
The work will take place inside and at times outside which will involve inclement weather from time to time. At times it will involve some exposure to moderate heat, noise and busy surroundings.
The work involves minimal risk to personal safety, injury, illness arising from the environment or participants