Ethics of the Game
The RFL is committed to the principles of drug-free sport for the following reasons:
- To uphold and preserve the ethics of the Game
- To safeguard the physical and mental health of the Players
- To ensure that all Players have the opportunity to compete equally
To underpin that commitment the RFL will:
- Educate and inform Players about the dangers of drugs and consequences of taking drugs or breaching the Anti-Doping Regulations
- Comply with the WADA Code
- Test players as part of an effective testing programme to confirm and maintain the drug free status of Rugby League Players.
The information on the following pages aims to support Players and support staff in finding relevant and up to date information relating to anti-doping. These pages will either provide or direct you to the information you need on the rights and responsibilities of Players and support personnel taking part in Rugby League in relation to the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) Code and the RFL’s Anti-Doping Regulations.
At the heart of the Code is the desire to achieve a level playing field on which Players can compete with confidence and natural sporting ability. The Code is in place to preserve sport by harmonising anti-doping rules and regulation across all sports in all countries.
The RFL wants to ensure that all Players in this country at al levels have been given the support they need to perform to the very best of their ability. We want to ensure that all our Players are able to make well informed and positive decisions so they can say with pride, “That was 100% ME.”
PLEASE SEE THE DOWNLOADS SECTION FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
The RFL has taken every care to ensure that the content of this website is current and correct and it has been produced in good faith. However, the RFL cannot guarantee the correctness and completeness of the content and no responsibility is taken for any omissions or errors.
The information on these pages is only a short guide to the information available and does not constitute business, medical or other professional advice.
Anyone using this information is strongly recommended to ensure that they are fully aware of the RFL Anti-Doping Regulations and the WADA Prohibited List before embarking on any course of action.