The WADA Code aims to harmonise anti-doping rules and regulation across all sports in all countries. The RFL’s Anti-Doping Regulations have been fully WADA Code Compliant since 2005.
The following are Anti-Doping Rule Violations under the RFL’s Anti-Doping Regulations:
1. The presence of a prohibited substance in a player’s bodily sample
2. Use or attempted use of a prohibited substance or a prohibited method
3. Refusing to comply with a request to provide a sample or otherwise evading sample collection
4. Failure to provide required whereabouts information and missed tests
5. Tampering or attempting to tamper with any part of the doping control process
6. Possession of prohibited substances and methods
7. Trafficking of prohibited substances or methods
8. Administration or attempted administration of a prohibited substance or prohibited method to any player, or assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up or any other type of complicity involving an anti-doping rule violation.
A full version of the 2010 RFL Anti-Doping Regulations can be downloaded below: -
2010 RFL Anti-Doping Regulations.
Rugby League has one of the most thorough and effective testing programmes in sport, intelligently testing a large number of players during the course of a season. Unfortunately there has been and always will be, some players who commit anti-doping rule violations. Details regarding any recent anti-doping rule violations will be displayed here.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFL has taken every care to ensure that the content of this website is current and correct and it has been produced in good faith. However, the RFL cannot guarantee the correctness and completeness of the content and no responsibility is taken for any omissions or errors.
The information on these pages is only a short guide to the information available and does not constitute business, medical or other professional advice.
Anyone using this information is strongly recommended to ensure that they are fully aware of the RFL Anti-Doping Regulations and the WADA Prohibited List before embarking on any course of action.
- 100 ME Asthma Leaflet (0.31mb)
- Anti-doping booklet (3.04mb)
- Anti-Doping guide 2013 (4.84mb)
- Asthma leaflet (0.80mb)
- Banned Substance leaflet (0.27mb)
- Pseudoephedrine leaflet (0.69mb)
- RFL Asthma Booklet (0.73mb)
- RFL Pseudoephedrine A3 poster (0.60mb)
- TUE Guidance B2 Agonists (0.05mb)
- What is a TUE? (0.03mb)